Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacation Bible School


June 9-13 was VBS week for our church. This year Houston was finally old enough to attend. (ages are 4 through completing the 6th grade) He was super excited when I told him that he got to go this year...he just about went through the roof when he found out what the theme was. "The Pirates Who Don't do Anything...A VeggieTales VBS" He was on could nine and then he found out that his teacher was Miss Lisa! (his best friend's mother) I volunteered to help out in whatever area they needed me so long as I could bring the girls with me. So for three days I helped iron-on the VeggieTales transfers onto t-shirts. Lorelei was a little frustrated with me. She used to pretty much having free reign at church (between church services, PWOC, and other chapel events we spend A LOT of time there and everyone knows my kids) and this time she couldn't. She either had to sit in the stroller or stay in about a 10foot square area by the ironing table. She did learn a valuable lesson though. She learned that it is prudent to listen to mommy...she doesn't say things just for fun! Lorelei was told repeatedly to stay away from the iron. Can you see where this is going? Yep, she reached up and touched it burning her thumb and finger. Not too bad. After a few minutes holding it under cold running water they were hardly even red. The other mom's laughed at her a little bit. I told her that I hard time feeling bad for her since she didn't listen. All in all it was a good week. Closing ceremonies were fun. The kids all sang together and then Houston started crying out of the blue. Too much excitement. He didn't understand that VBS was all week. Every morning when he got out of bed I told him that he had to get ready for VBS and he would look at me, "Again?!" He's already looking forward to next year.

0 comments: