Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Redneck Style

How much more redneck do you think I could possibly get? Well, let's do a small tally and see where I stand in your minds. For starters, I think mountain oysters are pretty darn tasty! For those of you who don't know what they are, just do a google search and you will learn more about them than you ever wanted to know. Back to the list...Houston and I have watched Bambi together and several occasions. Both 1 and 2. We both really like the movies! After the movie (or even during) I can ask him if he likes Bambie. "Yes" "Do you like deer "Yes" "Houston, what are deer/moose good for?" "For eating" Interject and cuddly cartoon animal in their at will. We can be talking about Otis the Cow from a cartoon show he likes, but he knows that hamburger is basically cow-butt. And the Wilbur (from Charlotte's Web) is where hot dogs come from. Now, I don't do this anymore. In fact, I haven't done this since Brian and I were married, but back in the day I could out-drink any of the guys that he worked with in Alaska. But...I think that these next pictures seal my redneck fate.
Yes, that really is me bathing my children in the swimming pool. It's just too darn convienent!! They're already in the water. It also keeps my water bill in check. On nights that they play in the pool before bedtime, I just give them a quick soap-down. This way I'm not filling up my bathtup as much. It kind of evens out so that my water bill doesn't go up. Besides, with the way gas prices are you gotta save your money somewhere! :) (for any shocked people...I don't bath them this way all the time...it's only about once a week, maybe twice)

3 comments:

Jennifer Bundy said...

I thought at first it was just tons of sunscreen they were getting slathered with! But conservation, right? We bath in streams and lakes when we are camping, a swimming pool in our own yard sounds good to me!

And I have had Rocky Mountain Oysters- but didn't respond well to them. It was the first time I was there when helping my husbands family brand cows, and his cousin offered me some- well after we got home a few days later, my toe had swollen up pretty painfully and it hurt to bend it- turned out a trigger for gout (which is what I had) was eating Rocky Mountain Oysters. So I will be staying away from them in the future!

Alan J said...

I don't know if i can claim any relation to you anymore... ;)

princess jen said...

What a crazy girl you are!