Saturday, June 21, 2008

House Tag

I decided to be brave and took some fairly honest pictures of my house. I was tempted to wait a week to do this post so that I could deep clean my house and have it looking immaculate. This way everyone would be jealous and go "oh Jessica...what a wonderful house you have! How do you do it with 3 kids and a husband who is always gone?" BTW, that is one phrase that I am getting a little sick of hearing...but that is a rant for another day.

So...here we go.


1) My kitchen sink

No, we do not have a dishwasher. I don't even have room for a portable one like Jen's so, lucky me, I get to do dishes the old fashioned way. That had to be one of the best treats when mom and grandma were here in October. They did the dishes for me! The other downside to this picture? That is all my counter space for the kitchen. You want a good cooking challenge...cook a large meal in my kitchen. It can be done! I have cooked 2 15+pound turkeys.



2) The toilet

Why someone would want to see my toilet is beyond me, but there it is.



3) The Fridge




Because my kitchen is so teeny-tiny we have had to get creative with our storage. Above the fridge are my iced tea maker, my ulitmate chopper with blender attachment, and some oversized cookwear. Now inside the freezer are some goodies. I was very excited the other day to find frozen corn-fritters that you can bake in the oven. Mmmmm...fried and slightly sweet batter with corn niblets in them. Yummy! If you look closely you will also see that I have three ice cube containers. (dad thought this was pretty funny the first time he saw them) one is for small round ice, one for large cube ice and the third is very plainly marked "dog cubes" You do not want to grab these for your drink. This one is full of frozen beef boullion cubes for Shiloh.

4) The laundry room



I will always remember Jennifer telling me that you know you are a grown-up when you get excited about buying appliances. I was so excited to buy our very first washer and dryer when we moved to Ark. I have a maytag neptune which I just love love love! The pile of clothes and whatnot are opposite of the washer and dryer. Don't be alarmed...it's really not that big of a pile. There is a large chest under there where we keep the beding. And I am in the middle of doing laundry. I am taking a break for the day. Tomorrow I will finish up. I use my clothes-line in the summer to help save on our electric bill so laundry takes a little bit longer to finish.

5)What the kids are doing now.

What did you expect? It's 10:45pm! Of course they're sleeping!!


6)My favorite room.

This changes all the time. Somedays it will be my bedroom...when the floor is freshly mopped and there is freshly laundered bedding on the bed....or it may be the living room...right now Houston's room is my favorite. For two reasons, one it is currently the cleanest room in the house and two I just painted it myself today. The color is called "King Trident" The wall art is leftover props from VBS.





7) My closet




The right side is mine and the left is Brian's. We share the shelves in the middle. There is also a shelf on the very top. That is storage for sweatshirts, odds and ends, and our 9mm.




8) The dirties room




For everyone who was feeling bad about their dirtiest rooms, you have nothing on mine.



The previous owners enclosed the one car garage and it has beome our storage room. I am standing in front of the laundry room portion to take this picture.



9) Self-portrait.



You are so lucky that I am even putting this on here.




10) My dream vacation.


If money were no object I would rent the most awesomest RV and do a summer long road trip. I would leave Arkansas, drive up to Nebraska, then to Alaska, then to Washington, then to Utah, then to Kansas, then to Arkansas. I would see all of my family. But I wouldn't take highways for the most part. I would take the "scenic route"

I tag anyone who wants to do this.

3 comments:

princess jen said...

You did a great job on your tag!! I loved seeing more pictures of your house. And maybe you'll win the lottery and get to rent that RV and come see me!

Townsend said...

just saw the tribute to ME on your blog!! I am the one who feels so special!! who WOULDNT love working with Lorelei!? she's a sweetie pie!
see you tomorrow!

Grandma and Opa said...

Too bad I can't figure out this picture thing...next project....so I can share the house pictures, too. You guys are pretty fun!

BTW - What happened to the mileage thing? i ahve been keeping track you know.