It seems to me that one of the most inevitable quirks of childhood is the emergence of the all to familiar imaginary friend. (Do you like the use of that impressive vocabulary?) I have been waiting for Houston to introduce me to a new "friend" for some now. I really thought that it would happen after Paisley was born since he had to entertain himself more often. Sadly that has never happened. I was kind of looking forward to imaginary friends. But we got a much better surprise instead. Yesterday while Houston, Paisley and I were waiting for Lorelei to finish therapy Houston ducked into a corned and told me that he needed to to talk to God in private. This is a frequent occurence for us. So he turns his back to me and I hear him say, "Ok God, here's the plan" What the plan was I will never know since he never said that part out loud. Then he proceed to play imaginary basketball with God. Who needs imaginary friends when you've got real ones?
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a tribute to Our Father - As a parent, he reflects your faith as well! May he keep God as his best friend.
What a cute story!! Anya never had an imaginary friend either.
Post a Comment