Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fruits Of The Spirit.

I got the girls' coat hanger done sooner than I thought I would. The kids cooperated today and let me paint for about an hour. That really helped. After I got the base colors done I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with the rest. I started looking at the stensils that I used for the stool but didn't want swirls, or dots, or starts. But..there were inspirational words! So I went with a Fruits of the Spirit theme. I even found some great fruit stensils at Michael's. (I think that is my new favorite store!)


I tired a couple of different shots to get the sparkle to show. I painted the words a light/bright green and then went over them in clear sparkles. I think the pear turned out the best. It was the one that needed the least touching up (next to the orange) Now I just need to find a spot in the girls' room for it and teach Lorelei to hang her pj's on it everyday. My next project is to do Houston's name. I found some great wooden letters for .99 each. They are about 6 inches high. It's going to be so much fun! After Houston, I 'll do the two girls' names, too.

3 comments:

princess jen said...

Look at you...lil Miss Crafty!! Your little hanger rod looks awesome. I found one at Walmart to hang in Anya's closet and it was already painted. Less work for me!

Grandma and Opa said...

Less work Jennifer - what is that all about for the lady that makes the best cards!

I really like the PJ rack - simple and cute. Is "fruits of the spirit" one of your PWOC themes?

crowfamily said...

That was out Bible study theme last year. This year we are studying the book "Called and Accountable"