The kids got to wear their costumes today for some candy getting' at the base today. Houston had a good time. Lorelei I don't think was very impressed. She was in a bad mood to begin with. She had just fallen asleep on the living room floor when it was time to get dressed. She was not pleased with me. Paisley got in on the action, even if she did sleep through the whole thing. I thought her costume was pretty cute. For those who aren't aware, we did a Veggie Tales theme. Larry the Cucumber, Bob the Tomato, and Junior Asparagus. Jennifer sent us some dark green Rit Dye for Paisley's costume. It dyed it way too dark (it almost looked black) so Grandma and I thought that maybe with some bleach we could lighten it. All that did was turn it gray. Good thing I had another set to dye. I went to Wal Mart hoping that I could find some lighter green Rit Dye (couldn't find any) but after an exhausted search in the craft section I did find some Lime Green Tye-Dye dye. That ended up working pretty well. So if anyone needs some dark green Rit Dye, let me know and I will send it to you.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm sorry the dye didn't work very well! But the costumes look cute. We had a church party today and I need to get the pictures up, but my house is completely trashed so I have to take care of that first!
Cute costumes! I'm jealous that i don't get to participate in any halloween fun this year.
I love the Veggie Tales theme and I'm glad Paisley is home. She looks so sweet and small... I can't believe how fast it goes, sometimes. I love that little asparagus!
I love the costumes. What a hoot to go Trunk and Treating!
Next year all my grandkids have to decide on costumes in July so I have time t sew them!!
Post a Comment