OK, since no one guessed my lie I'll go ahead and post it.
1) Houston and I HAVE been in a TV commercial. When I was pregnant with him and working at Motherhood Maternity a women came in looking at first to borrow a preggie pillow and got me instead. She make a product which is a T-Shirt and paint in a bag. At the time she was only doing two kits. "Give me a hand, it's my birthday" and "Give me hand, I'm having a baby". So I got to wear her baby T-Shirt at a pretend baby shower in her commercial. The whole point of the shirt is to have your guests put their handprint on the shirt. The bad thing was that at the time, I didn't have cable so I never got to see the ad.
2) Brian wouldn't count this, but I am. Every February in Anchorage is Fur Rondy. David Green is a master furrier and does a fashion show every year. In 2002 I got to model one of his fur coats!
3) Scariliy enough, this is true. When Brian and I were dating, one night (during the summer) at around 8 or 9pm we decided to hike up Artic Valley for no reason. As we got started, a U-Haul truck pulled into the parking lot. We didn't think anything of it. When we got back to the parking lot a couple of hours later, Anchorage Police was there. Brian and I were questioned separately in different squad cars. There was a guy in the truck who had been shot in the head. They were trying to figure out if it was a murder or suicide and what Brian and I knew about it. (not much). Since I was still living at home, I asked the cop if I could call my folks to let them know where I was. I wasn't allowed to, but the cop did. So he woke my dad up at like midnight to tell him "this is officer so and so with the APD and we wanted to let you know that we have your daughter with us". What a great phone call to get.
4) I am really bad about biting my nails. As soon as they get long enough to look nice, I'll catch them on something and them bite them to even up the ragged spots and end up chewing the whole darn thing off.
5) This is the lie!! I REALLY like to cook and bake. I just don't do it very often anymore because of the lack of space in my kitchen and not having a dishwasher (I hate to wash dishes). I'm one of those people who will do a recipe right the first time and then swing from then on out. I hardly ever measure my spice and a lot of the time I will just look in my spice cabinet and just put stuff in depending on my mood. I also have a lot of kitchen gadgets. A Jack LaLane Power Juicer, an Ulitate Chopper with blender attachment, a Kitchen Aide Mixer (which I love for making bread that you let rise in the fridge overnight). I also have fun baking supplies.
6) It's true, just ask Brian.
7) I hate washing clothes. Having to gather them. Turning Brian's nasty socks right side out. Folding is another story. That is my quiet time in the evening when the kids are in bed. I either watch TV or put in a good movie. My go to folding movie is "Gone With the Wind". I really like folding clothes right now since my dryer isn't working. I get to use the clothes line and clothes smell so good when they're dried outside.
8) I'm pretty sure I inherited this trait from my mom. I love coffee. I have several different kinds of flavored coffees and if I use plain coffee then I have the fancy creamers (both liquid and powder). Jen's christmas present to me last year was the best ever. Fancy coffee syrup! I have cut back though. When I worked full time I would drink anywhere from 1 -2 pots per day. (these were 12 cup pots). Now I'll only have 2-3 cups at a time.
9) Yeah, I know this was a pretty lame one, but I couldn't think of anything else. I have taken one year of French (don't remember anything), 2 1/2 years of German (remember slightly more than my French), 2 years of American Sign Language, and some Turkish. I am very proud of myself that I can still tell someone they smell like cheese in Turkish.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Tell The Truth
Lovingly Told By crowfamily at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks! I learned a lot more about you.
I'm still deciding if that was a cop-out lie...
So many posts, so little time.
Post a Comment