I know I promised Jennifer that I would get this up sooner, but hey! Better late than never, right?Here is some yummy, yummy food that we have been trying and I wanted to share them with everyone.
Turkey & Black Bean Tacos
Heat 1/2 Tbsn of Olive Oil in a skillet and then brown 1/2 pound of ground turkey. Add 1 16oz can of black beans (make sure you drain them and rinse them well), 1/2 package of taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce/simmer for 5 minutes. Serve in a taco shell (hard or soft, doesn't matter) with all your favorite taco fixings.
Spinach & Meatball Stuffed Pizza
You need: 10oz package of chopped frozen spinach
1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
15oz container of part-skim ricotta cheese
24 frozen cocktail-sized meatballs
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
15 1/2 oz pizza sauce
Heat oven qo 400 degrees. Coat a 10" oven proof skillet with cooking spray (I used my pyrex pie pan and it worked just fine). Unroll pizza dough, fit into skillet allowing corners to hang over then edge. Squeeze the water from your spinach. Then mix the spinach, riccotta cheese, meatballs and 3/4 cup of the mozz. cheese in a larget bowl. Spread 1/2 of the pizza sauce on the bottom of the dough. Top with the riccotta cheese mixture then spread the remaining pizza sauce followed by the remaining mozz. cheese. Fold corners of dough over your pizza. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
I didn't have enough mozz. cheese, so I used a 1/2 mixture with cheddar cheese and it was just as yummy.

1 comments:
That looks yummy!
Post a Comment