Friday, February 29, 2008

Biblio-Tag (Finally)

I just realized that I never played the biblio-tag game from Jen! Silly me!

First a review of the rules.

1) Find the nearest book with at least 123 pages.
2) Turn to page 123
3) Find the 5th sentence
4) Post the next 3 sentences
5) Tag 5 people

And since everybody in our family is rule-breaker, I might as well continue the trend. Here are 5 books with their 3 sentences conjoined at random.


She drew in a sharp breath and held it when the father of one her students slapped his cards on the table and lifted a glass of something to his lips. The look on Mar’s face sometimes, when he looked at Altan…well, there was no love lost between the two of them. “What is it?” I asked him. She shut the directory and put on the kettle and walked into the hallway to listen for Sophie, who was napping upstairs; all was silent, except for the gradual while of the kettle. She had one of her old wrestling holds on my shoulder. Her conscience resisted the idea that there could be anything wrong in making this call-hadn’t she phoned him many times to arrange play dates?-but the more it resisted, the more strongly the other thoughts rallied for her attention. She suspected he wasn’t drinking water. All the tribe knew that. When we were called back to Dr. Pelinowsky’s office again he looked just ever so slightly shaken up. Every day it became clearer that that there was a decision in the Tribe of the Horse. “Well, maybe not back then. But now…” “Now?” Her gaze swept the room and rested on a tall, narrow, table like structure adjacent to the swinging doors. What would it be like-with Alan?


Now, that last sentence is a pure coinsidence that I would grab a book with Alan's name in it. If anyone can figure out any of my five books I will be super impressed. I'll post next week what books they were.

I tag:
1) Sara, so she'll have something to help pass the time while Josh is deployed and so she can start a blog of her own! :)
2) Becky
3) Kassy (I'll e-mail her all this)
4) Mom
5) I don't have a 5th person! So sad!

2 comments:

Townsend said...

YAY! thanks for leaving ME a comment so i could track you down! As far as figuring out the books...i have absolutely NO clue! i will check back for answers!
becky

princess jen said...

I have no idea whatsoever.