Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Do Your Ears Hang Low...

That would be the little ditty that our ice cream truck plays. Today we were outside when it started to chime and it was even at a decent hour. 2:30pm vs dinner time. The kids had been so good lately and it had been so hot that I finally relented. It was really hard not to when Lorelei was dancing around the front yard singing "ice cream ice cream ice cream" I dug up enough quartes for each kids to have a special treat ($2 bucks for each popcicle) Wouldn't you know it that as soon as the wrappers were off, it started to rain. I would have rather them eat them outside seeing how my driveway is a lot easier to clean up than the sofa or living room rug. Houston managed to eat 1/2 of his, and Lorelei ate about 1/3 of hers. Then mom got them. I was good. I had a few bites of each, and now the remains are slowing going down the kitchen drain. Next time I think we'll just get the crayon popcicles. Much smaller and they're only $1.



2 comments:

princess jen said...

What a nice mommy you are. I dread the ice cream truck. I'm a beast and always say no. Then again there are days where the ice cream truck comes through 3-4 times. But I make homemade popsicles or puddin' pops about once a week.

Alan J said...

I think we've given in at least once, but so not worth it.